'Bound Pigment' - Call for Artists
Bound Pigment: celebrating paint
8 - 25 February 2023
Call for artists
A new exhibition open to all Australian-based artists working in and celebrating the use of paint in their practice. New, emerging or established, we are looking for exciting artists to be part of a large scale exhibition in early 2023.
An important part of any group exhibition is the presentation of a body of work rather than a single canvas/work on paper. We’re asking you to submit 5 works for consideration of up to 3 to be exhibited.
Exhibition dates: Wednesday 8 - Saturday 25 February 2023
Deadline for submission - midnight, Monday 19 December 2022
Shortlist date: Monday 16 January 2023
Entry is $200 if selected - there is no initial submission fee.
All work should be time-stamped 2020 onwards.
Along with artwork, please provide
Conditions of Entry
It’s the boring stuff but better to be clear from the outset.
- Please submit one digital image of each work in 300dpi jpg or tiff file format, no larger than 5 MB and labelled SURNAME_FIRST NAME_YEAR_TITLE.
- In addition to one image per work, details of work to be provided include
• Dimensions: H x W in cm (framed works - dimensions are to the OUTSIDE of the frame)
• Price: (figure to include the 40% commission)
- Closing date for submission is midnight, Monday 19 December 2022.
- To submit, send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final selection of works and artists will be notified via email on 16 January 2023.
- There is no fee payable for submission. If selected, a fee of $200 is payable. All artwork will be available for sale online for the duration of the exhibition.
- Delivery of artworks (personal or postal) selected for exhibition: Friday 3 or Saturday 4 February between 11am and 5pm. Please ensure artist’s name is clearly detailed on the packaging and works are adequately and securely packaged.
- Where applicable, forward and return freight and insurances are the responsibility of the artist. Tacit accepts no liability for loss or damage during transit or while the artwork is in its custody. It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure that their artwork is insured.
- All works must be clearly labelled with the artist’s name, title of work, representing gallery if applicable and orientation or any specific display requirements on the artwork (e.g. on reverse of the work) and on the exterior of the packing.
- Stretched canvases are acceptable. Only works with ‘D’ hooks and wire will be installed. Works on paper should be framed unless larger than a single Imperial sheet of paper (76 x 56 cm). No artwork should exceed 2 metres in any direction and please note that our ceiling heights are between 2.8 and 3.1metres.
- All work must be exhibition ready. Disclaimer: the gallery reserves the right to not install any works that are deemed not to be exhibition ready.
- All work must be for sale. Sale price includes a commission of 40% (GST included) and will be deducted from the sale price on all works sold. All bank and online fees linked to sales through the gallery are covered by Tacit. In the event that the artist is represented by a different gallery or galleries, any onward commission payable will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Tacit Art has the perpetual, irrevocable, fee-free right to reproduce, communicate and publish any finalists’ works for archival, catalogue or publicity purposes. The submitted entry is evidence of the artist’s consent.
A note about privacy and personal information
The information on the entry form is required to process your application and will not be used for any other purpose without seeking your consent, or as required by law. Credit Card details are not kept.