TACIT Still Life Prize
TACIT Still Life Prize: $5,000 non-acquisitive
TACIT Curators Prize: Solo exhibition at Tacit in 2022 (value $2,800)
Mount Avoca People's Choice Award: Accommodation/wine package (value $1,000)
Guest judges: Robyn Burgess, Kevin Lincoln, Thornton Walker
A biennial, non-acquisitive award for artworks in the genre of still life in painting, drawing, printmaking, photography and digital prints such as inkjet/collage (but NOT digital scans of work originally produced as a painting or drawing on canvas/paper etc). The award is open to Victorian-based artists at all stages of their careers.
Looking to highlight the diversity and vitality of still life and its interpretation and meaning of the genre. TACIT STILL LIFE is open to Victorian-based artists. A point of difference is the TACIT STILL LIFE Prize looks to the presentation of a body of work consisting of up to THREE works,
Judges will make their decision based on an exhibited body of work based on initial shortlisted selection.
Deadline for entry: Wed 14 July
Shortlisted confirmation: Mon 19 July
Delivery of shortlisted artworks: Sun 25/Mon 26 July
Exhibition: Wed 4 - Sat 14 August
Announcement of Prizes: Wed 4 August
HOW TO APPLY:
Following fee payment, works and details to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Entry
- Artists may submit up to five entries (from which up to three can be selected) completed within the last 24 months. Accepted mediums: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography. The artist must submit one digital image of each work in 300dpi jpg or tiff file format, no larger than 5 MB. In addition to one image per work, details of work to be provided include TITLE, YEAR, MEDIUM, DIMENSIONS (H x W in cm), PRICE. If the work is EDITIONED, please state TOTAL number in the edition along with framed AND unframed dimensions and prices. (Please note, where work is framed, dimensions are to be taken for the outside edge of the frame).
- Naming convention for submitted files is SURNAME_TITLE
- Closing date for entries is midnight, Wednesday 14 July 2021.
- To enter, submit your entry online via the link provided. This will guide you through to the payment process. Entries will only be accepted via this on-line process.
- Selection of works for consideration for the prize will be made via a shortlist of entries: the judges will select the first prize of $5,000 from this shortlist. All shortlisted applicants will be notified of their selection via email by 19 July 2021.
- Fees: The non−refundable entry fee of $50.00 for up to 5 works includes GST and is part of the application process.
- Delivery of artworks selected for exhibition is on Sunday 25 or Monday 26 July 2021 between 11am and 5pm. Please ensure artist’s name is clearly detailed on the packaging and works are adequately and securely packaged.
- Where applicable, forward and return freight and insurances are the responsibility of the artist. Tacit accepts no liability for loss or damage during transit or while the artwork is in its custody. It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure that their artwork is insured.
- All works must be clearly labelled with the artist’s name, title of work, representing gallery if applicable and orientation or any specific display requirements on the artwork (e.g. on reverse of the work) and on the exterior of the packing.
- Stretched canvases are acceptable. Only works with ‘D’ hooks and wire will be installed. No artwork should exceed 2 metres in any direction and please note that our ceiling heights are between 2.8 and 3.1metres.
- All work must be exhibition ready. Disclaimer: the gallery reserves the right to not install any works that are deemed not to be exhibition ready - eg unframed works on paper.
- Judging: Prior to the exhibition opening, the guest judges will view the final works and no correspondence about their decision will be entered into. The final decision lies with Tacit Art and will be announced at the opening of the exhibition on Wed 4 August.
- The work selected as the winner of the TACIT STILL LIFE Award will be announced at the Official Opening on WEDNESDAY 4 AUGUST.
- Curators’ Choice Prize. Tacit Art will determine the winning artist of the Prize which involves a solo exhibition in 2022, final dates to be determined.
- Mount Avoca People's Choice Award will be awarded to the artist in receipt of the highest number of #1 cast-votes. Voting takes place on premises during the run of the exhibition (4-14 August). The result will be announced as close to the closure of the exhibition as possible.
- All work must be for sale. Sale price includes a commission of 30% (GST included) and will be deducted from the sale price on all works sold. In the event that the artist is represented by a gallery or galleries, any onward commission payable will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Tacit Art has the perpetual, irrevocable, fee-free right to reproduce, communicate and publish any finalists’ works for archival, catalogue or publicity purposes. The submitted entry is evidence of the artist’s consent.
A note about privacy and personal information
The information on the entry form is required to process your application and will not be used for any other purpose without seeking your consent, or as required by law. Credit Card details are not kept.