EXHIBIT WITH US
Application to exhibit at Tacit is as straightforward as we can make it. As a curated venue, Tacit will discuss the proposed exhibition, gallery and proposed timeline before any decision is finalised - it is important for all parties to ensure that the venue AS A WHOLE works. It is counterproductive to curate five exhibitions of landscape painting running simultaneously. What's already booked into other galleries impact on any decision: the inverse is if you are the first exhibition booked into a specific rotation, we build around you.
But in the first instance:
- Simply email up to 5 images of work, preferably of work proposed to be included in the exhibition (or, if you have not made it yet, images of recent work).
- Provide an exhibiting cv along with approximate time of year you would like to exhibit.
- If it's a group exhibition, provide a short exhibition statement/proposal along with details of all proposed artists.
- The above is all straightforward but the most important part of the process is a face-to-face meeting with the curator. We ask you to bring in examples of your work so that the conversation can be had 'to' the art (laptop, I-Phone imagery etc is insufficient as a reference). A decision to offer an exhibition is usually made at this meeting.
Fees are payable to exhibit with Tacit Galleries.
|GALLERY 1||GALLERY 2||GALLERY 3||GALLERY 4||GALLERY 5||GALLERY 6|
|FEE - 3 WEEKS||$2750||$2000||$2750||$2400||$2400||$2400|
The above figures are based on a 3 week exhibition per gallery. Fees include install, curation, bump-out, design/print of exhibition flyer, staffing during standard opening hours (11am - 8pm, Wed; 11am-5pm, Thu-Sun). All exhibitions open on the first Wednesday and close on the final Saturday of the 3-week exhibition period. [See below for more details]
|DATES||GALLERY 1||GALLERY 2||GALLERY 3||GALLERY 4||GALLERY 5||GALLERY 6|
|2-19/12||Opens in January 2021||
Opens in January 2021
|EM'BEDDED REVISITED||Julie KEATING||Lana de JAGER||Sean PAYNE|
Please note there are a number of exhibitions postponed from 2020 yet to be added to the schedule below.
|DATES||GALLERY 1||GALLERY 2||GALLERY 3||GALLERY 4||GALLERY 5||GALLERY 6|
||Anna TAYLOR||Marija PATTERSON||Merrian DENNIS||Elizabeth COLBERT|
|YUBU NAPA||YUBU NAPA||YUBU NAPA||Jenani THERONE|
||Carl de JAGER||
||Jessie Yvette JOURNOUD-RYAN|
|20/10-6/11||Damon KOWARSKY||Lesley DICKMAN|
EXHIBITING AT TACIT GALLERIES
Fees include install, curation, bump-out, design/print of exhibition flyer, staffing during standard opening hours (11am - 8pm, Wed; 11am-5pm, Thu-Sun). All exhibitions open on the first Wednesday and close on the final Saturday of the 3-week exhibition period.
Delivery of artworks and curation from the works delivered take place the Sunday prior to your opening Wednesday (a mutually agreed time frame will be established, thus avoiding all six artists due to exhibit arriving at the same time). Collection of unsold work from the exhibition can be anytime on the Sunday immediately following the end of the exhibition on the Saturday.
Tacit Galleries provides printed DLs and bookmarks approximately 10-14 days prior to the opening of the exhibition. A viral version of the DL is also provided for distribution via email and Social Media. Tacit promotes the exhibitions through Social Media (Facebook and Instagram in particular), through the Tacit Galleries website as well as line listings in Art Almanac alongside press releases. New for 2020 is that Tacit has established a Shopify account where all work is available for sale on-line.
Display advertising is the financial responsibility of the artist. It is an optional rather than mandatory cost but is part of the Tacit templated design and therefore is arranged through Tacit.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, protocols have changed to facilitate a safer public environment for staff, artists and visitors alike.
We have changed the structure where there is no longer an 'opening night' per se. This reduces expectations and perceptions of large gatherings within a limited timeframe. Instead, Tacit will be open until from 11am until 8pm EVERY Wednesday, facilitating the opportunity for artists to make individual arrangements with friends/collectors/family members any Wednesday evening. There will be more emphasis placed on 'meet the artists' or 'artist's talks' during the course of the exhibitions. Such arrangements would be exclusive to one artist/exhibition (eg only a 'meet the artist' for artist X showing in Gallery Y would take place on the first Saturday of the exhibition between 2-4pm: a different date or time would be arranged for the artist W in Gallery Z).
All artist's must provide either an ABN number or, to prevent a withholding tax of 48% on monies owed for any sales of more than $100 in total as decreed by the ATO, sign a Statement by a Supplier exemption form. Tacit Galleries takes a 30% commission on all sales.
New for 2020 and an extra service we offer is the Shopify account. All works will be uploaded and available for sale during the period of the exhibition and exclusively for six months after the exhibition. This is crucial to allow time to sell work and, as buyers are making immediate on-line purchase, the work must still be available.
Please note above fees exclude:
- Transportation of works to and from the gallery
- Insurance of artworks
- Display advertising
- Distribution of launch invitation and flyer
- Restoration of space to pre-exhibition level
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Exhibitions run for 3 weeks, opening on the first Wednesday and closing on the final Saturday
- Delivery of artwork takes place on the Sunday prior to the Wednesday opening
- Bump out takes place on the final Sunday of the third week
- Work to be included must have been created less than 2 years prior to the opening of the exhibition unless agreed in advance
- All work must be ready to hang using wires and D-Hooks on the backs of work. Where framed work is exceptionally light, please check with the gallery. Command 3M Poster Strips may be the preferred hanging system
- Any unframed or unstretched work must be agreed in advance. Small works on paper less than 76 x 56 cm (single Imperial sheet of paper) must be framed
- The final decision regarding curation and the inclusion/exclusion of work in an exhibition remains with Tacit Galleries
- All non-editioned works must be available exclusively for sale for six months from the opening of the exhibition
- Tacit takes 30% commission on all sales
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of overall fee is payable on confirmation of booking with settlement due on the first day of the month prior to the opening of the exhibition
- Group exhibitions count as one booking - we do not divide walls for individual artists in advance on the assumption that each artist will receive exactly the same amount of wall space or number of works. A decision for inclusion/exclusion is made on curatorial merits. A single title is required for group exhibitions and a single statement. Whilst Tacit will divide invoices, with a group booking, we ask that one person is the nominated contact and all practical arrangements are made through this one person. All fees are payable as the group and final number of exhibiting artists - eg if the original booking had six artists, but one dropped out leaving five, the remaining five are responsible for the full fees.