TACIT Print Prize 2022
TACIT Print Prize: $5,000 non-acquisitive
TACIT Curators Prize: Solo exhibition at Tacit in 2022 (value $2,500)
Guest judges: Silvi Glattauer, Keith Lawrence, Thornton Walker
Looking to highlight the diversity and vitality of printmaking and celebrate the 10th anniversary of Editions, our annual print exhibition, application to the TACIT PRINT PRIZE is open to Victorian-based artists. A point of difference is the TACIT PRINT PRIZE looks to the presentation of a body of work consisting of up to THREE works.
Judges will make their decision based on an exhibited body of work based on initial shortlisted selection.
Deadline for entry: Fri 22 April
Shortlisted confirmation: Mon 25 April
Delivery of shortlisted artworks: Fri 6/Sat 7 May
Exhibition: Wed 11 - Sat 28 May
Announcement of Prizes: Fri 13 May - launch night
HOW TO APPLY:
Following fee payment, works and details to be submitted to email@example.com
Conditions of Entry
- For the purpose of the TACIT Print Prize, a print is defined as work printed from a matrix (includes monoprints). Digital processes can be used as a production tool but must not be the predominant output (pigment prints will not be accepted).
- Applying artists must be Victorian-based.
- Artists may submit for consideration for shortlisting up to five entries (from which up to three will be selected) completed within the last 12 months.
- The artist must submit one digital image of each work in 300dpi jpg or tiff file format, no larger than 5 MB.
- Naming convention for submitted image is SURNAME_TITLE_YEAR. Failure to follow this convention may result in a rejection of the work.
- In addition to one image per work, details of each work to be provided include TITLE, YEAR, MEDIUM, DIMENSIONS (H x W in cm), PRICE. (Price must include the gallery commission and be in line with price of work elsewhere).
- If the work is editioned, please state TOTAL number in the edition along with framed AND unframed dimensions and prices. (Please note, where work is framed, dimensions are to be taken for the outside edge of the frame). This information should be provided on a separate document from the image itself.
- Closing date for entries is midnight, Friday 22 April 2022.
- To enter, submit your entry online via the link provided. This will guide you through to the payment process. Entries will only be accepted via this on-line process.
- The fee of $75 is a one-off payment for up to 5 works and includes GST. It is non-refundable.
- Selection of works for consideration for the prize will be made via a shortlist of entries: the judges will select the first prize of $5,000 from this shortlist. All shortlisted applicants will be notified of their selection via email on 25 April 2022.
- Delivery of artworks selected for exhibition is on Friday 6 or Saturday 7 May 2022 between 11am and 5pm. Please ensure artist’s name is clearly detailed on the packaging and works are adequately and securely packaged.
- Any shortlisted work delivered after this time will not be part of the exhibition.
- Where applicable, forward and return freight and insurances are the responsibility of the artist. Tacit accepts no liability for loss or damage during transit or while the artwork is in its custody. It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure that their artwork is insured.
- All works must be clearly labelled with the artist’s name, title of work, representing gallery if applicable and orientation or any specific display requirements on the artwork (e.g. on reverse of the work) and on the exterior of the packing.
- Only works with ‘D’ hooks and wire will be installed. Works on paper should be framed unless larger than a single Imperial sheet of paper (76 x 56 cm). No artwork should exceed 2 metres in any direction and please note that our ceiling heights are between 2.8 and 3.1metres.
- Frames must of a quality - IKEA frames are not acceptable nor frames where the hanging mechanism is indented into the back of the frame.
- All work must be exhibition ready. Disclaimer: the gallery reserves the right to not install any works that are deemed not to be exhibition ready or of quality as outlined above - eg no or poor quality 'D' hooks
- Judging: Prior to the exhibition opening, the guest judges will view the final works and no correspondence about their decision will be entered into. The final decision lies with Tacit Art and will be announced at the opening of the exhibition on Friday 13 May.
- The work selected as the winner of the TACIT Print Prize will be announced at the Official Opening on Friday 13 May.
- Curators’ Choice Prize. Tacit Art will determine the winning artist of the Prize which involves a solo exhibition in 2022, final dates to be determined.
- All work must be for sale. Sale price includes a commission of 30% (GST included) and will be deducted from the sale price on all works sold. In the event that the artist is represented by a gallery or galleries, any onward commission payable will be the responsibility of the artist.
- All work will feature on the Tacit website and will be available for purchase both online and physically in the gallery.
- No pre-sold work will form part of the exhibition unless sale is made through the gallery.
- Tacit Art has the perpetual, irrevocable, fee-free right to reproduce, communicate and publish any finalists’ works for archival, catalogue or publicity purposes. The submitted entry is evidence of the artist’s consent.
A note about privacy and personal information
The information on the entry form is required to process your application and will not be used for any other purpose without seeking your consent, or as required by law. Credit Card details are not kept.